Happy New Year! The #NewYearNewMe mentality has kicked in and though I don’t personally need to change a thing, I hope many real estate agents do! The agents that continually make a mockery out of this industry with their horrible MLS photos and shitty listing descriptions need to stop. If you are guilty of marketing complacency you need to add to your resolutions list for the sake and sanity of people everywhere. I took the liberty of writing out your #Goals list for you. If you accomplish these you will not only avoid ending up in my WTF Listings of the Week column, but you will probably become a lot more successful! You’re Welcome.
- Stop taking pictures of faucets. This is stupid and nobody in the history of real estate has ever bought a home because of a faucet. Also, if you take a close-up photo of a faucet you look like a moron, especially when it’s a dirty faucet.
2. Stop using filters in your listing photos. How in the hell could you possibly think this makes you or the home look good?
3. Stop taking photos with the TV on in the background. If your cheap ass doesn’t want to hire a professional photographer, you can at least attempt to take pictures like one.
4. Stop using the panoramic feature on your phone. This feature is pointless unless you are taking a photo of a mountain or city skyline. This agent ONLY used this feature… so every listing photo was stretched out and distorted. After five photos I actually started to feel a little nauseous.
5. When taking exterior shots, walk your lazy ass outside and do not take a picture of the yard through a damn screen. I mean, are you kidding me?
6. Please stop posting dark photos. There are six light bulbs shown in this room and none are even on! Here’s a hint: use the handy FREE feature on your phone to edit the lighting and attempt to make it brighter.
7. The fish-eye lens. This should be BANNED from the planet. Stop using it in real estate photos or any photos for that matter.
8. Stop taking photos with people in them. This person is fully capable of getting up, getting out of the way, and putting a shirt on. Use your words and ask people to move!
9. No pets in photos either! If Fluffy or Fido are in the way, you can use your words to make them move too. Posting a photo of a dog taking a shit in the yard of a home you’re failing miserably at selling might be one reason you have no business.
10. For the love of the porcelain God, SHUT THE LID!!!
11. Last, but definitely not least, stop taking mirror selfies! Mirrors are reflective and you really look like a dumbass when you take a photo of yourself taking a photo.
So, please stop doing this agents and together, let’s make Real Estate Great Again!
You can get the wonderful shirts here: https://thebrokeagentstore.com/collections/make-real-estate-great-again