If real estate were game, which it is, it would be composed of a bunch of tiny victories and defeats. Every now and then you will suffer a major loss or experience a major win. Hopefully, the major wins keep you in the game and make you lots of money. Every day in this industry is composed of these ups and downs that we all experience. So, I wanted to give a shoutout to the all the little victories that keep us going.
1) When a buyer walks into your open house and doesn’t have an agent.
Whether it turns into anything or not, this interaction gives us a glimmer of hope in what is usually a boring and pointless three hours.
2) When you actually have your most recent business card on you when a potential client asks for it.
Real estate agents change brokerages and positions constantly. It is a pretty good feeling when you whip out your wallet and have direct access to your card without hesitation.
3) When you find a fresh water bottle in your seller’s fridge.
Nobody likes drinking tap water. Your seller would want you to have it.
4) When you schedule all of your showings back to back.
People who are not in the industry don’t understand how difficult it can be to schedule a showing. Your schedule has match up with the seller’s schedule, the other agent’s schedule, and your client’s/whoever else they are bringing schedule.
5) When you have a full tank of gas in your car.
6) When the printer at your office does exactly what you want.
There is nothing more frustrating than a faulty printer that turns your agent detail report into a Picasso.
7) When your seller says they are going to call you after the open, but they don’t.
Like I said, it’s the little victories that keep us going.
8) When your appointment at 9 AM on Saturday gets cancelled.
Yes, realtors work on the weekends. But, nobody wants to get up and show a house at 9 AM on Saturday. Nobody.
9) When you show up to your listing and the seller’s car is gone.
This might be one of the best feelings in the world.
10) When all of your dress clothes are dry-cleaned.
As much as I like destroying my nipples in dirty button downs, I prefer to actually look and feel decent when I show a house.
11) When you don’t have to re-login into the MLS.
Getting logged out in a deep MLS search ruins my mood for at least an hour.
12) When you get your favorite parking spot at the office.
13) When there is actually good food at the office meeting.
14) When you get a package delivered to the office.
Getting your Amazon Prime package is always a win. Getting it at the office gives you the brief opportunity to seem important in the eyes of the receptionist.
15) When the Title Rep walks by your office without bothering you.
I don’t always want to hear about the hike you went on this weekend.