After two years of cold calling I came up with some general data of my success rate. But, don’t let this discourage you…
If I called a hundred numbers, I probably got around twenty answers. Of those twenty answers, ten of them were the actual person I was trying to reach. Of those ten, five of them actually talked to me for more than ten seconds. Of those five, I got one meeting. Remember, “it’s a numbers game.” Here were the most common responses that I documented. But, some people are better at this than I am.
1) “This number has been disconnected.”
2) An excruciating dial tone that made my ears bleed.
3) Someone answers, but it is the wrong number.
4) A member of their family, usually their third cousin who lives on the other side of the country answers.
5) “We are not selling anymore.”
Here is a video of what I just wrote: